Extreme Anime Radio is On the Air!

Announcements that Effect the Keiichi.net Services

Moderator: KNR Staff

Extreme Anime Radio is On the Air!

Postby JRHorse » Thu May 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Our website is still under construction. For the latest information about Extreme Anime Radio, see our PDF brochure or visit our Facebook page.
For information about donating to relief efforts in Japan, click here.

5/10 Update: We are releasing an interview on Wednesday, May 11 with American J-Pop singer and AX Idol Stephanie Yanez! Visit our Facebook page to read more details.

Image Image

I am happy to announce that Extreme Anime Radio, your Anime and J-Pop radio station, has returned to the airwaves! It's been a long ten days since we had to shut down due to issues with licensing. We are now back on the air thanks to another provider, Loudcity, another webcaster licensing service who made a limited number of new memberships available recently.

Our intention is to remain with Loudcity at this time, unless SWCast is able to come to a resolution on its licensing issues, in which case we will switch back to SWCast. The good news is that being with either of these services secures our requirement to pay royalties for the music that we play, which is very important.

First, I want to apologize to all of our listeners who were inconvenienced since the evening of April 20, when the station's feed was abruptly pulled after the request show.

Second, I want to thank all of our listeners for continuing to support Extreme Anime Radio, even when we were off the air, and for supporting legal Internet radio in general. A special word of thanks goes to the staff of the station for their perseverance, suggestions and recommendations during the down time.

Finally, I would like to welcome our listeners back to Extreme Anime Radio - YOUR Anime and J-Pop radio station!

So what are you waiting for? Request your music! Then once you've done that, return to the home page and click on the LISTEN link that will take you to our new Loudcity page so you can listen to Extreme Anime Radio once again.

Note that Loudcity's launch page may ask you for a specific bandwidth that you want to use to listen to the station. After this step you'll see the station begin streaming at the top of your web browser. You can then access the icons at the top of the page to launch the station separately using one of four popular streaming programs, including Winamp.

Here's a note about our programming: with the exception of the random stuff that pops up here and there (such as Double Plays and Dub Tracks) we will not have any scheduled programming on Extreme Anime Radio until Wednesday, May 4, when we will broadcast the live Request show at 7:30 PM. That's because we want to dedicate the next few days to YOU, the listener! We want you to request the music that you want to hear - that's what the radio station is all about!

Please note that we have changed the request rules slightly through the website. Effective today you can request one song every 30 minutes (up to two per hour) and up to four songs every 24 hours.

In the coming week we will be in touch with ELS customers to issue partial refunds for the days that the station was down. ELS members, of course, are entitled to request double the music compared to regular non-paying listeners.

Thanks everyone for supporting Extreme Anime Radio! We're happy to welcome you home!

Jose Ramos
Extreme Anime Radio

JRHorse
I *glomp* NY
I *glomp* NY

Return to System Annoucements